To be considered for the award, the recipients must meet the following criteria:
- Be current members of the African Studies Research Forum
- Be registered for the ASRF conference for the year of consideration and plan to present their paper at the conference
- Authors must be graduate students, defined as pursuing a masters, doctorate or specialized postgraduate program at the time of submission
- Submit for consideration an original paper that will be presented at the conference. (The paper should not considered for publication or published at the time of application). The submission should contain the contact details of the nominee (name, email address, institutional affiliation)
- Ensure that the paper is emailed as a word document to the Chair and all committee members at least two months prior to the conference. The exact date will depend on the date that the conference will be held.
- Papers must not exceed 10,000 words, should contain an abstract of no more than 200 words and six keywords
Procedures for Application of Award
- Authors may apply directly for the award through submitting their paper for consideration to the committee before or on the deadline.
- Faculty can nominate student papers for consideration
Winners of the award will be announced at the ASRF Annual Conferences at which they are presented. They will receive a cash prize of $100.00 and a plaque.
 For example, if the conference is held in March 2020, the paper submitted for consideration should be received by January 2020
Comments are closed.