The Elections Commission of the African Studies and Research Forum (ASRF) is pleased to issue a “CALL FOR APPLICATIONS” for the following positions (for the 2018-2020 Term of Office) for the African Studies and Research Forum (ASRF):
- Vice President for Diaspora Affairs
- Vice President for Continental Affairs
- Executive Secretary
- Director of Research and Publications
The Qualifications for Candidates: All candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a registered member of the African Studies and Research Forum (ASRF)
- Be current with the payment of membership dues or be a life member.
The Application Process
- All candidates seeking the aforementioned positions must submit their applications (with their email addresses) indicating the position being sought to: Iheanyi Osondu, Chair of the Elections Commission, African Studies and Research Forum(ASRF), Email Address: Osondui@fvsu.edu.
- The deadline for the submission of applications is MARCH 1, 2018.
- The successfully vetted candidates will be notified via email by MARCH 15, 2018.
The Voting Process
- Only members of the ASRF, who are current with the payment of their membership dues, will be eligible to vote.
- Based on the list that the Treasurer of the ASRF will provide, ballots will be sent to the members of the ASRF, who are current with the payment of their dues, by MARCH 18, 2018. Voting will take place from MARCH 18-25, 2018.
The Announcement of the Official Results: the Elections Commission via email will announce the official results on MARCH 28, 2018.
The Election Commission of the African Studies and Research Forum (ASRF)
Iheanyi Osondu, Chair: Email Osondui@fvsu.edu.